Monday, March 23, 2009

CREEPSHOW 3




Creepshow 3 is shit, plain and simple.

It amazes me that Uwe Boll gets such a bad rap for making films that while bad, are somewhat enjoyable in a turn-off-your-brain kind of way. Apparently the Uwe-haters have never seen a James Dudelson and Ana Clavell film. The two outlaws are taking some great names in horror and burning them. It almost kills me to see any hack, let alone two, take what is arguably the greatest horror anthology film of all time, and sodomize it until death. The word abomination just doesn't begin to describe the pain I, and my television set had to endure.

Surprisingly I am not against sequels or remakes. While some consider it blasphemous, I like the Dawn of the Dead remake better than the original. Sorry, I just do. The same goes for The Hills Have Eyes. Given that Creepshow 3 obviously isn't a remake, it is still in the same category as far as I am concerned as it is nothing more than taking an already known idea and cashing in on it. Creepshow 3 takes nothing from the first two films. Nothing. No sense of sinister fun, no care given to a decent screenplay, and no real wrap around story. What makes Creepshow 3 such dreck is the complete and utter lack of care given to the material.

I am normally a pretty forgiving reviewer as I can usually see some redeeming factors in most films, but I just can't see any for this junk. There are some decent make-up effects work, but other than that I want my life back.

No comments: